About Our Company:
North American Carbide is located in beautiful Orchard Park New York and has been servicing the Automotive and Aerospace industry with precision tooling for the past 30 years. Our new innovations and constant commitment to quality has led to expanding our new facility and continuing to create local jobs. Our lean manufacturing company strives not only to save our customers money using our regrind and downsizing programs but to also eliminate waste.
We are a private family owned company with no one to please but our customers and employees. Our business is built on saving customers money and taking care of our employees. At North American Carbide we pride ourselves on keeping up with technological advancements as well as best practices in advanced manufacturing.
The Tooling Coordinator is responsible for ordering new and replacement tools, perform tool preventative maintenance and support of repairs for tools. The Tooling Coordinator also identifies opportunities for improvements while working closely with Engineering and the Plant Manager.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Order all replacement tools for all production areas.
• Ensures that tooling is correctly labeled and inventoried in each production area.
• Works with Engineering to redesign tooling.
• Keeps records of repairs, changes and maintenance for tooling.
• Perform timely preventive maintenance on all tools.
• In-source and outsource repairs when required.
• Direct involvement in review for new tools. All new tooling designs must incorporate the ability for quick tool change.
• Integral part of pre-production planning relating to the tools.
• Working closely with the Process Engineer and machine operators in tool validation, qualification studies and corrective actions.
• Prepare a set up kit for each work order for each production area. Kit should contain all tooling, wheels, programming information, process sheets, blanks if necessary and etc.
• Good mechanical understanding of precision tolerances and design for manufacturing.
• Understanding of basic machinery used in tooling repairs, fabrication and maintenance; i.e. Bridgeport, surface grinder, lathe, etc.
• Familiarity with SolidWorks and Esprit CADD/CAM applications (achievement of proficiency required on the job)
• Capability with Microsoft Office
• Ability to read tool and part prints
• Effective communication with different individuals at all levels of the company and vendors.
• Good organization, follow-up, and multitasking skills required.
• 401(k) with co. contribution
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Time
If you are interested in joining an advanced manufacturing team dedicated to improving quality, value, and reducing waste through continuous improvement please contact us at NACHR@nullnorthamericancarbide.com, with a copy of your resume, cover letter and position of interest. You can also apply online at http://www.northamericancarbide.com/contact-us/job-openings/